Friday, November 15, 2019

Trump Digs A Deeper Hole for Himself By Engaging in Witness Tampering

House Republicans were reportedly planning to “avoid bullying” former Ukrainian Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch during today's impeachment hearing, but Trump screwed that up big time-- by engaging in witness tampering during the hearing itself.


Taking a post like Somalia is an act of commitment and courage from a Foreign Service officer—and the idea that a nation would have a civil war because of a single relatively junior U.S. diplomat is in competition for the title of the stupidest thing Trump has ever said.

Adam Schiff read the tweet to Yovanovitch during the questioning, asking for her response. When he read the Somalia part of the tweet, Yovanovitch smiled incredulously. “I don’t think I have such powers,” she said. “Not in Mogadishu, Somalia, and not in other places. I actually think that where I’ve served over the years, I and others have demonstrably made things better, for the U.S. as well as for the countries that I’ve served in.”

 

No comments: