Saturday, May 29, 2021

Another Moment in Incel History

Writer Natalia Antonova recently tweeted about a conversation she’d had with the unnamed suitor.  It began with him admitting he’d searched for her on social media after she rejected him on Bumble.

He confessed that he’d “swiped right” on Antonova but she “never swiped back.”

“I wondered if you’d respond if I found you on Instagram," he wrote after she accepted his message request on the platform.  “I’m not offended,” he added. “Just think it’s a little shallow of you.”

Asked to elaborate, the man continued: “You harshly judged my Bumble profile, but the second you saw that I’m funny and I can cook, you let me talk to you.”

A baffled Antonova responded: “Harshly judged? I honestly don’t remember ever coming across you on Bumble. So whatever it is you’ve just assumed, it’s weird and wrong.”

The heated conversation continued with the man asking: “Is this your way of implying that you get so many matches on Bumble that you don’t remember me? Scandalous!’

She replied that she didn’t understand how matching with plenty of people on the app could be considered “scandalous,” adding: “Maybe if I was a nun.”

“Way to make a guy feel good about himself,” he retorted.

Clearly irritated by this point, Antonova wrote back: “It’s not my job to flatter you. Especially after you called me shallow. Piece of advice: Acting insecure and rudely demanding validation is not how you get girls.”

His response?  “You’re just an aging single mom anyway, whatever.”

Their jaw-dropping dialogue ended with a stroke of pure class from Antonova:


 

 


 

No comments: