Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Kushner Mocks BLM Protesters and Gets Schooled By Classmate Who Actually Accomplished Something

Jared Kushner, the douche bag slumlord who refused to acknowledge that Obama birtherism was racist,  mocked Black Lives Matter activists, claiming that people who spoke out against George Floyd’s death in May were simply “virtue signaling.”

“So, look, there’s been a lot of discussion about the issues that were needed in the Black community for the last year, but particularly it intensified after the George Floyd situation,” Kushner said in an interview on Fox and Friends. “And, you know, you saw a lot of people that were just virtue signaling.

“They’d go on Instagram and cry or, you know, they’d put a slogan on their jersey or write something on a basketball court,” he continued, appearing to refer to athletes such as those in the NBA and WNBA who made Black Lives Matter activism a centerpiece of their seasons.

Kushner claimed such activism was “doing more to polarize the country than it was to bring people forward.”  He added, “Trump's policies are the policies that can help people break out of the problems that they're complaining about, but he can't want them to be successful more than that they want to be successful.”

Latino and Iraq War veteran Ruben Gallego (who went to Harvard with Kushner) knows what it takes to be successful-- he is a congressman from Arizona's 7th district. He reacted to Kushner's interview and compared his efforts to get into Harvard with those of Kushner:

This how the 1% look at minorities.  I was a classmate of Kushner let me tell you what I did to get into Harvard compared to what he did. Yes a thread.

My freshman year of HS. I realized that the only way college was gonna happen was that first I had to do well on my exams. So I started buying used prep exam books and copying exams from the library. The school librarian is a close friend to this day. (Thanks Mrs. Conley)

I was lucky enough to have a job that let me practice my tests in between flipping burgers. (Thank you Steve and Souzy’s) I used that money to pay for extracurriculars that would look good on a college resume. Even went to Greece on exchange.

Not knowing anyone that went to Harvard let along college, I looked up students in the student directory. I called anyone that had a Latino sounding name and left messages. A few returned my calls and helped guide me to get ready to apply for college. Thank you Gus!

Junior year I intensified my practice exams added more AP exams, became Student Council President, had my after school job as well as other extracurriculars.

Senior year! I am might be the only student to apply to Harvard using money orders but did it. Use a friends computer to apply (thank you Kobelt family) Figure our how to do estimated taxes, to do the FAFSA.

I start the interview process. First interview was on the North side of Chicago at 630pm.  My mom works to 5pM downtown she won’t make it back in time to drive. I leave school early take the bus to the CTA, take blue line out, take another bus than walk the last mile.

My interviewer hadn’t ever had an applicant take public transportation to see her. Was surprised when I told her I was taking it back home. She was kind enough to drop me off at the CTA stop.

Second interviewer wanted to meet in area with no access to public transportation. School gave me permission to meet him downtown in his office.

Accepted!! I also was lucky to have a supportive Mom and sisters that encouraged me the whole way. They did countless things to make it happen.  Thank you familia!

Now let me tell you what Jared did to get in to Harvard. His parents paid millions of dollars to get him there.  So I won’t take lectures about who wants to succeed more from a man who couldn’t do it without $$ from his parents.

 

No comments: