Friday, April 20, 2007

Winning the "War" on Terror

April 2007:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid: "I believe myself that . . . this war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything as indicated by the extreme violence in Iraq."

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell: "I can't begin to imagine how our troops in the field . . are going to react when they . . . hear that [Senator Reid] has declared the war is lost."
September 2004:
Matt Lauer: Do you really think we can win this war on terror in the next four years?

George W. Bush: I have never said we can win it in four years.

Lauer: So I’m just saying-- can we win it? Do you see that?

President Bush: I don’t think you can win it.

Why is the GOP so up in arms when their own leader declared the war un-winnable two years ago?

No comments: