Monday, April 12, 2010

NBA Star Barks Loudly At Tiger

Charles Barkley reacted strongly when he heard about comments made by Augusta National chairman Billy Payne last week. During a speech, Payne said that Woods "has disappointed all of us, and more importantly, our children and our grandchildren."
"And then you have this punk ass Billy Payne that goes on TV yesterday. First of all, he ain't told his kids and grandkids to be like Tiger Woods. Let's not kid ourselves. He ain't tell his kids and grandkids to be like Tiger Woods. For them to get on there and act like he's all Uncle Tom, the master on the plantation, that pissed me off. I wish somebody would just walk up to him and punch him in his face."

More of the interview centered on the recent report that Barkley and Michael Jordan taught Woods how to gamble and womanize. Barkley denied this, saying of his relationship with Woods:
"Tiger is my brother. I love him. I only had two problems with Tiger with this whole thing. Number one, I told him years ago to quit saying you're not black because all these people who smile at your face, when you screw up, you're going to be black. And that's come back to bite him in the ass. We kept telling him not to say that. These people are not your friend.

"And secondly, I wish he would get to the point where he says, 'Hey listen, I'm not going to walk around on eggshells anymore. I understand that I messed up. I own this. This is my fault. I have apologized to my wife and I have apologized to my kids. The rest of y'all can kiss my ass.' Them the only two things, problems I have with Tiger."

No comments: