Sunday, December 14, 2008

'Tis The Season for Dismemberment, Suicide and Cannibalism

Accused killer Sydney Teerhuis claims he was fascinated with death and carefully plotted out his own demise in a bizarre arrangement with a Vancouver man.

Teerhuis is on trial for having sex with a man and then killing him, stabbing him 68 times, cutting his body into eight pieces, and removed all his organs. The two men were strangers, having met earlier in a bar.

Jurors in Teerhuis' trial also heard testimony of how he agreed to be murdered and cannibalized while living out west in 2001. In that incident, Teerhuis claims he and a friend went and purchased a massive pressure cooker, a large amount of sleeping pills and even selected a specific date.

"I told him the only way I'd do it is if he kept all my bones in a trunk under his bed," 39-year-old Teerhuis wrote in his journal. Teerhuis said the plan fell through when the man abruptly changed his mind and returned to his native India.

"I still think about him every now and then and hope someday I will run into him so he can cook me," Teerhuis wrote. He said he later ran the idea by a former roommate of his who was living in Edmonton but it never materialized. "I will wait to find the right man or men who'd be willing to have me on their dinner table," Teerhuis added.

Read the full story for more gruesome details.

No comments: