Thursday, November 27, 2008

Be Thankful You Have Turkey For Thanksgiving

A British radio host was stunned recently when a listener called his show and claimed she had unwittingly eaten human flesh. DJ Graham Mack didn't know what he was getting into when he had issued a challenge to listeners to find the most unusual thing they had eaten.

He took a flood of calls giving the type of exotic cuisine he had expected, including snails, sea urchins, monkey brains and dog and horse. But when he received a call from a woman who once said she had eaten human flesh, he did not know what to say.

The caller, only known as Anthea, told the show: 'I've eaten human being.' To which Mack slowly replied: 'Oh my goodness. Right, all bets are off. You can't beat that. How come you were a cannibal?'

She answered: 'It was when I was a child when I lived in Africa. We always went to the same butcher and then suddenly - we were there a couple of years - the meat started to get so much better.

'It was only when we moved back to England a couple of years later that we realized that the butcher had been arrested because he farmed little black girls."

There were audible gasps in the studio.

Anthea added: "We didn't know [it] at the time. According to my mum it was very delicious.'

The DJ replied: 'So what do you think it was? You thought it was beef?'

She said: "My mum said yes, she was just buying mince."

There were further gasps before someone in the background said: 'That's horrific.'

Mack added: "You are the winner this morning. Goodness me. I don't even know what to say. I had no idea we would get this call this morning. Wow."

No comments: