Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Xbox Site Tells Gay Users to F*** Off And Die

A woman named "Teresa" says that she was harassed by other players and later suspended from the Xbox Live gaming site because she identified herself as a lesbian in her profile. When she appealed to Microsoft, she says they told her that other gamers found her sexual orientation "offensive." In Teresa's own words:
My account was suspended because I had said in my profile that I was a lesbian. I was harassed by several players, 'chased' to different maps/games to get away from their harassment. They followed me into the games and told all the other players to turn me in because they didn't want to see that crap or their kids to see that crap. My account was suspended and xbox live did nothing to solve this, but instead said others found it offensive.

This story follows upon reports that other users with the word "gay" appearing in their last name were banned from playing on Xbox Live.

For christ's sake-- when are we going to stop letting bigoted folks from inhibiting the rights of the public at large?

No comments: