Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hold On-- I'm Quite Sure I Didn't Order That!

The owner of a British restaurant is apologizing profusely after a member of its kitchen staff added a profane comment to a customer's tab.

After complaining about poor service, a group of ten diners at Joe Delucci's Italian restaurant found the abusive message printed on their bill. In capital letters, the message read, "SUCK MY DICK FUCK FACE." On the bright side, no charge was added to the bill for the insult.

Diner Clare Watkin said, "I couldn't believe it. The bill read 'fish cakes', which one of us had for a starter, and it was written right above it - absolutely disgusting language. We actually booked the table for 8 o' clock in the evening, by the time they had taken our order it was quarter to nine and we didn't actually receive our food until quarter past 10." She added: "I'd like a written apology from the restaurant and I'd also like some compensation.

Owner Nigel Langsdon said the message had been meant to be seen only by kitchen staff and he did not know how it ended up as an item on the receipt. The cost of the meal came to $553, including a 10% service charge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.