Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bigot "Bachelor"

"But I've got gay friends!"
Single dad and former Venezuelan soccer player Juan Pablo Galavis was asked this week whether it would be a good idea to have a gay "Bachelor".   He was firmly against it, saying, “I don’t think it is a good example for kids to watch that on TV.  I don’t know if I’m mistaken or not, I have a lot of friends like that, but [gays] are more pervert in a sense, and to me the show will be too strong, too hard to watch on TV.”

So a deadbeat dad pimping himself out on a sexist and degrading show by simultaneously dating twenty desperate over-drinking women is a good show for families and children to watch? 

This guy has had one too many headers during his brief soccer career . . . or yet again, maybe not enough to knock the bigotry out of his thick skull.  

ABC, Warner Horizon and The Bachelor executive producers issued a statement slamming Galavis’ statements.  “Juan Pablo’s comments were careless, thoughtless and insensitive, and in no way reflect the views of the network, the show’s producers or studio,” the statement read. 

No comments: