Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Needing A Swift Kick In The Ass

Apparently, Taylor Swift is still sore about a joke Tina Fey and Amy Poehler' made at her expense during the 2013 Golden Globes broadcast.  Fey delivered the zinger about the serial-dating singer, saying that Swift should take some "me time"  between boyfriends and "stay away from Michael J. Fox's son" after her breakup with One Direction singer Harry Styles

In Vanity Fair's April cover story on Swift, the singer serves up a heaping bowl of Meow Mix to the acerbic comediennes.  Responding to a question about the Golden Globes joke she says, “You know, Katie Couric is one of my favorite people,  She said to me she had heard a quote that she loved, that said, ‘There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.’”

Amy Poehler disappointingly kept things in perspective, responding to a press inquiry in this way:  "Awww, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist, and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff."

No comments: