Saturday, January 26, 2008

Countdown To Crawford: Day 360

George W. Bush's intellectual capabilities have long been questioned by the press, politicians, and the public at large on numerous occasions. A study published in 2006 by the scientific journal Political Psychology estimated the IQ's of all US presidents since 1900 by analyzing each president's speeches and publications. The study ranked Bush second to last, with an estimated IQ between 111.1 and 138.5, and a mean of 120 In an interview, it was noted by the study's director that "Bush may be 'much smarter' than the findings imply" but that he "scores particularly unimpressively for 'openness to experience, a cognitive proclivity that encompasses unusual receptiveness to fantasy, aesthetics, actions, ideas and values.'"



Quotes For The Ages:


"I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm ready for the job. And if not, that's the way it goes."

-Des Moines, Iowa, August 21, 2000



"Keep good relations with the Grecians."

-The Economist, 1999

No comments: