Friday, December 29, 2017

Trump Revealed as Wannabe Dictator

Donald Trump granted the New York Times an unexpected and disturbing interview-- one not chaperoned by Trump aides.  In fact, when reporters asked the White House for reaction to the interview,  they responded: "What Trump interview?  Today?"

During the interview, Trump remained fixated on his election victory and denied over 15 times that there was any collusion with Russia among members of his administration.

The shocking takeaway from the interview was his unabashed tendency towards authoritarianism.  In addition to his continued admiration for Putin and China's Xi Jinping (two of the world's biggest authoritarians), Trump amazingly made the following claim:

“I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department,” he said, echoing claims by his supporters that as president he has the power to open or end an investigation.  (note: I'm not a lawyer, but let me assure you Mr. Trump-- no you don't!)

Trump also disputed the widely-held belief that he doesn't have a detailed understanding of legislation, saying, “I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest C.P.A. I know the details of health care better than most, better than most.”  (note: I'm not a CPA or a doctor, but let me assure you Mr. Trump-- no you don't!)

Trump added that he knows more about “the big bills” debated in the Congress “than any president that’s ever been in office.”  (note: I'm not a historian, but let me assure you Mr. Trump-- no you don't!)

Read the rest of the revealingly delusional interview here.

No comments: