Thursday, July 27, 2017

Scaramooch, Scaramooch-- but will he do the Fandango?

The new White House Communications director has been caught making a unbelievably profane and unprovoked rant to a reporter for the New Yorker magazine.

Scaramucci was pissed about what he saw as leaks targeting him after only a few days on the job.  Ryan Lizza of the New Yorker had tweeted Wednesday night that Trump and  Scaramucci were having dinner wit Fox News host Sean Hannity.  Scaramucci angrily called Lizza to get him to disclose his source.  When that failed, he threatened to fire the entire White House communications staff, saying “What I’m going to do is, I will eliminate everyone in the comms team and we’ll start over!  I’m going to fire every one of them, and then you haven’t protected anybody, so the entire place will be fired over the next two weeks.”

Gucci Scaramucci ranted on-- in the process letting loose a blistering tirade against his perceived detractors, including Reince Priebus, who he thought was leaking information to damage him.  “They’ll all be fired by me.  I fired one guy the other day. I have three to four people I’ll fire tomorrow. I’ll get to the person who leaked that to you.  Reince Priebus — if you want to leak something — he’ll be asked to resign very shortly.  Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac.”

Scaramucci is particularly incensed by his belief that Priebus had leaked his financial disclosure form-- not realizing that it was already publicly available via his previous work at the Export-Import Bank.  Scaramucci was on roll at this point in the phone call, and began mocking Priebus:   "Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months."  Switching back to his own voice, he continued:  “They’re trying to resist me, but it’s not going to work. I’ve done nothing wrong on my financial disclosures, so they’re going to have to go fuck themselves.”

Scaramucci then claimed not to have any interest in media attention-- in the process disparaging Trump strategist Steve Bannon: “I’m not Steve Bannon. I’m not trying to suck my own cock.  I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the president. I’m here to serve the country.”

The Mooch cryptically suggested that he had more information about White House aides, saying: “O.K., the Mooch showed up a week ago. This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys. I’ve got digital fingerprints on everything they’ve done through the F.B.I. and the fucking Department of Justice.”

Scaramucci closed the conversation by saying that he had to get going. “Yeah, let me go, though, because I’ve gotta start tweeting some shit to make this guy crazy.”

The phone call further underscored the depth of divisions within the West Wing, which have only widened with Scaramucci’s arrival. Not only did Priebus and Bannon oppose his appointment, but Sean Spicer resigned as press secretary in protest.

No comments: